The Irish Bitcoin Market
BTC is spread widely in Ireland. Many people are real owners, others are interested in the latest market changes. We're part of a big local community.
Learn some interesting facts about Bitcoin in Ireland.
The Central Bank of Ireland was quoted in the Assembly of Ireland as stating that it does not regulate bitcoins.
- The local market is mostly online (with only 5 ATM).
- The usage of cryptocurrencies is expanding among owners, companies and institutions.
- All orders of BTC are VAT-free.
- Over 180,000 people (~5% of population) in Ireland have experience with Bitcoin.
- It is legal to use BTC in Ireland.
- The most common way to order BTC is by using a Bank Transfer or Credit Card.
- Pubs and Restaurants Dublin (only) accept BTC payments.
Dublin City University has the country’s first master’s program in blockchain technology:
- “Master’s in Blockchain: Distributed Ledger Technologies”
The best Bitcoin rates can be found on online exchange service.